Nordic holidays in Hochfilzen in Tyrol
The Nordic paradise in the Kitzbühel Alps
The 110 km long Pillersee trail network is perfectly groomed every day for classic and skating skiing. The biathlon World Cup region of the Pillerseetal Valley has a unique, professional Nordic skiing profile.
And the Schreder guest house offers you the perfect accommodation with its charming holiday apartments, right on the trails for your Nordic holidays in Hochfilzen in Tyrol.
- Daily perfectly groomed trail network with 110 km of trails for classic and skating styles.
- Partner region of the Nordic ski market leader Fischer Nordic skiing for the world’s best: Hochfilzen hosts biathlon World Cup circuit annually.
- The Pillerseetal Valley as a Nordic centre with draws such as reproduction of the “Biatron” – a building in the form of a snowball where events took place when Hochfilzen hosted the World Championships in 2005, the Walk of fame and tours of the WC stadium.
- Guest biathlon - Shooting stand on the village trail “Nordic Academy”
- Competent ski schools provide Nordic skiing lessons
- Guided Nordic tours from the Nordic Walking Centre with parcours.
- Informative map material
- Comprehensive options for activities starting from indoor pools and wellness facilities to three independent ski areas
Our guests receive a free Nordic skiing card!
Hochfilzen Trail description
Starting point: village centre, next to the Raiffeisenbank. The first 1.5 km are downhill to Feistenau, at the Hofer Bridge you can branch off to Fieberbrunn to the Dandlerloipe Trail, or take the trail through the forest, slightly uphill, back to Hochfilzen to the “Heimkehrerkreuz”, a cross that was built as a reward for the homecomers of the 2nd World War. On the left you can go back down to the starting point, or you continue straight to Grießen (10 km) and cross the state border of Salzburg. From there you can return to Hochfilzen through the Spielbach Forest.
Starting point: Village centre, between Hotel Edelweiß and the municipal building. On this trail there is an option for consultation and renting Nordic equipment in the “Nordic Academy”. The Dorfloipe Trail is perfect for beginners, at the railway viaduct you can change right to the Warminger Trail. Illuminated night trail: lit daily until 1:00 a.m. Length: 0.5 km Runs initially parallel to the Dorfloipe Trail, but before the railway viaduct branches off to the starting point, also with skating track.
Starting point: Entrance to the Warmingerhof hotel. This trail leads along the sunny countryside area towards the Wiesensee Lake to the Wiesenseehof inn and from there back again to the Warming parking area. Ideal trail for endurance training with two elevated loops! National teams and biathletes regularly train there.
Connection trail Hochfilzen - St. Ulrich - St. Jakob
Starting point: Warming ski lift trail head, first section on the Warmingloipe Trail, at the Wiesenseehof inn keep straight on. The trail leads along the Buchensteinwand circuit along the romantic Wiesensee to Schwendt/St. Ulrich. From there you can ski via Flecken to the Sonnenloipe trail to St. Jakob or explore the lovely Lastal valley in St. Ulrich.